Today I celebrated my brother's birthday so I had less time for drawing. Anyway, here are today's drawings.
Yeah, these are the only ones for today. I don't think drawing lips is a difficult thing... Yeah, a lot of young artists have problems with drawing mouth and lips, they say it always like the person has strong makeup or it's just wierd somehow. Well, let me tell you a secret. A technique, which will make drawing lips more easier.
Do not draw strong lines for the lips. Even if you're just making a sketch, don't. Why? If you look in a mirror and take a look on your mouth, the first thing you'll se won't be the outlines but the inner line, which separates your lips. Yeah, I know that outline is a well visible thing too, but it's because of the different >tones<, not the strong >lines<.
So what to do then?
Always draw the inner line between the two lips first, and if you're sure that the position is correct, strengthen it a bit. Then, draw the outlines of the lips lightly.
When all of the lines are in the correct place, now move on to the shadows. Watch carefully which part is dark and which is light, then add the tones. I'm adding them like this (you don't have to follow my way, it's just an example of adding tones)
1. I add the most light tone to the whole lips.
2. I strengthen shadows around the inner line and the corners of the mouth
3. I make each darker part of the lips
4. I add the small details
5. And wow, I'm done!
It sounds simple, but yeah, you need some practice before you'll be able to find the right tones compared to the face's original tone. And I don't think that I know and can do everything perfectly, I just want to help those who still have problems with this part of the face. I'm still in the middle of learning how to draw human faces, but I think, I can draw well enough to give advices to the others. You know, I'm quiet egoist, but not in drawing :D
And now, I'll tell why do I think I can't be egoist in drawing.
It's because I only can copy pictures. There are less drawings clearly from my mind, not copied from anywhere. Well, horses now are exceptions because I can draw them realistic without copying. It's not the case with human faces yet.
My other reason is that I can't copy 100% perfectly. I'm improving in this, but my copying skills are only about 85-90%, not more. It's why I don't like to show my drawings in the same place with the original ones. To understand what am I talking about, I'll show you some of my horses and the 10 hours Ravi-drawing I mentioned yesterday. Watch them carefully, you'll find out what are the differences, and where did I miss the proportions or directions...
And not to show only horses...
Finally, the 10 hours Ravi-drawing, step by step in a gif and compared with the original picture...
My largest problem is that I'm afraid of drawing in the right ancle. Yes, because I always think I made it too big and my result would look like wierd. Then because of this, my drawings are more... hm... straight maybe? than the original pictures. I just "straighten" them while drawing. It's bad, as a result of this my proportions will completely slipped and give my drawing a wierd look.
That's it, I'm not perfect, but I know it and I'm working on my mistakes not to make them often.
Um... It was about to be a short article, but you now saw what happens if I get "writing frenzy" xD Yeah, I'm a kind of author, I have two novels published, so "writing frenzy" happens to me as often as "drawing frenzy" do.
Song of the day: VIXX - 대답은 너니까 (ONLY U)









Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése